Monday, January 30, 2023

a bright experience

 This course is about the study of light sound and time. Those are all very broad topics, with lots and lots encased within.  This unit is focused on the behaviors of light. So far, we have learned about light waves, frequency, sine, cosine, and tangent.


This action project focuses on the way light can be captured. To do this, we are making pinhole cameras. First, I took a shoebox and painted the inside black. Then, I searched for any light getting in and blocked it with tape. For the pinhole, I took a piece of a can and poked a hole into it about the size of a sewing needle. The pinhole camera works by stretching and expanding light through a hole the size of a pin. My camera demonstrates the concept of light absorption. As the light is going through a small hole, and transposing onto a piece of paper. However, there isn't any kind of image being reflected from the hole. The inside is black to ensure all light is only reflecting off of the white page inside. The inside is black to attempt to eliminate all light other than the pinhole from entering. This will cause distortion in the transposition. This demonstrates how light travels in straight lines. This is why the camera's picture is flipped. 


The two images below I took with my camera. I set a piece of photo paper on the side opposite of my lens. i then kept my shutter closed until I was ready to expose the paper. Then, I opened it and waited around five minutes, trying not to move. After the time was up, I closed the shutter until I was back in the darkroom for development. I dipped it in a series of developing chemicals and saw my image appear.

                                                       NO, 1/30/2022, Pinhole Camera Image

                                                       NO, 1/30/2022, Pinhole Camera Image
                                                            
NO, 1/30/2022, Pinhole Camera

NO, 1/30/2022, Diagram of Image Flip Through Lens






Math stuff





The overall calculation is 7/5=26/18.5 for the distance away from the object I would've photographed. Using the Pythagorean theorem, we get h=8.6 for the smaller triangle. For the large triangle, we get h=31.9 using the same process. To find the inverse tangent, we do op/adj and get 55 degrees. The last angle equals 35 degrees.




NO, 1/30/2022, Calculations


Overall, this was a great lesson and I had a lot of fun at Truman college. I had fun learning about all these concepts, and getting the opportunity to try out something new.



No comments:

Post a Comment

my last ap of junior year.

 The end of the year has arrived and so has the course Policy. We've spent the class learning about government and the three branches th...