Friday, September 2, 2022

ramp up gce!



In class this term, We have been working on designing a student lounge that is a safe environment for everyone in the school's population. I chose the corner room to model my design since it is large and already has a lounge vibe. Our class went to the Harold Washington library to see how their student lounge is designed so we could have some inspiration. Their lounge had chairs, benches, all kinds of furniture, colorful accents, and reader-friendly material. In theory, this lounge should reflect the community and who is using the lounge, not just one small group. This is also connecting to Sdg 4, making safe environments that are accessible and friendly to all people. in order to get my ideas down properly, I sketched out a floor plan I thought would be appropriate for the given requirements. then, I sketched a model of the chair I thought would be accessible to anyone. 


To represent my ideas I made a sketch of what id like the floor plan to be. I essentially want a cozy corner low-stress zone for people to do whatever they'd like.


no, floorplan, 2022
text in image: 

diagram of lounge
chair design
entertainment/tvs
seating/lounge area
walkways
needed: sound systems, comfy chairs, proper lighting, ramp, more familiar door, games + puzzles

Essentially, the idea of no exclusion was in my mind when drawing this. i made a small stage for whatever kind of performance may be in action accessible to wheelchairs or otherwise disabled people. i took inspiration from the chidrens library, to make it mostly mono-level. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

my last ap of junior year.

 The end of the year has arrived and so has the course Policy. We've spent the class learning about government and the three branches th...